Saturday, November 8, 2008

You can't fix anything with Hate

I know a lot of people are glad this election is finally over and ready to move on. I'm ready in most aspects but one. I'm not ready to move on from the backlash of stupidity that is coming from the election results

First there's Prop 8. Everyone should know how I feel about the actual prop itself. What I'm tired of is hearing how black people, Mormons, Jews and so on voted on it. Hello? Can we get over that whole issue of separation once and for all? It's 2008 and we're still separating people by race, religion, background. I don't care what percentage of whoever voted on it. It was voted on and passed. Let's see what we can do to change that, not isolate the black people who voted on it. That's just causing more problems. Oh and as for that genius I saw on Channel 7 ABC news Thursday night with the "MORMONS GO TO HELL" sign? Dude, you don't and never will represent me. That's just more hate you're spewing. I don't like it. I think gays should be able to marry, and I don't think Mormons should go to hell. That's just that.

As for the Republican party, I want to tsk tsk you in the most awful way. You (as a party) picked and LIKED Sarah Palin. Now, I never really liked her, and for reasons of my own. I never backed her, but I'm not going to blame the demise of John McCain's run for president soley on Sarah Palin. I'd appreciate it if the Republicans would say "Oy, we effed up. Time to retreat and start working with the new guy (meaning Obama)" Instead of pointing fingers (at Palin) on who is to blame for the loss. Be gracious losers and start working with everyone on fixing our problems. It's not like John McCain is going to get the presidency now if you say "Oh crap, Palin sucks." There's no point in humiliating the woman now. It's just mean.

Ok if you made it that far, I commend you. Let's move on as a country and start working on fixing things. I know Obama isn't going to fix my problems, but maybe my local Congress person will. Let's think small and make it large. I'm going forward, want to come?

3 comments:

Robyn said...

This is why I have not watched the news since Wednesday morning when I watched real quick to see what passed/who was elected.

Anonymous said...

I am really trying to move forward, but I can still not be ok with legal discrimination. Ever.

sherthebear said...

you are so right!!