Monday, November 17, 2008

Moving on with the Dream House

Last night's post got me to thinking about that dream house in New York. Now, let me first tell you that my house is in no way, shape or form decorated. We're riding the Broke Express on the tail end of the caboose. But if I could have my dream apartment in New York, with the crown molding, hardwood floors, and the striped walls in one room, I'd of course have an awesome guest room!! So, as you can imagine, I put together a rough idea board because it seemed like fun. Here's board in the beginning stages.

Please forgive me when I tell you that I don't know how much any of this stuff costs. I just started throwing stuff I liked together. I can tell you where everything came from, and even the wall color. The bed and side tables are from Ikea. The dresser is from Crate and Barrel and the lamp and bedding are from Target (who doesn't love the Dwell line?) Maybe I'll add more and eventually get this to be our guest room. Oh the wall color is Ralph Lauren Fresh Linen. If you love it or hate it, that's fine by me. It's not your dream house in New York, is it? I'm still looking for something remarkable to put on the wall. I keep going back to a photograph I saw in La Jolla taken by a local photographer. I should have bought that darned photograph...

Anyways! That's the beginning of the guest bedroom. Maybe I'll implement some of the ideas into our house now. Maybe they'll just stay in the house in New York that doesn't exist for me. I'm not sure yet, but I do know that you haven't heard the last about that house.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

I've been trying to talk Jason into that bedding for a few weeks now! lol!

Sammi said...

Thanks for picking this stuff out. When are we moving to New York? What you weren't looking for a new room mate/s?

Becki said...

Wow, that bedding is gorgeous!

Robyn said...

Awesome bedding! Very chic!

BTW: Check out my blog

Brenda said...

Nice. I can't wait to see the rest of your NYC pad ;)