The following is a blog entry from my sister-in-law. I stole it.
I was going to blog today about how important voting is and how historical this election is. We're watching history in the making right now. No matter who wins, it's big. Here's the story from my sister-in-law
Aiden's teacher asked for the class to bring stuffed animals today. I was very curious about what activities they were going to do that involved a stuffed animal. Aiden decided to bring Crocodile. A crocodile named Crocodile. (All of his other stuffed crocs are named, Andrew, Ashley and Christopher, just in case you were wondering.)
I can't remember the exact order, but the conversation went something like this:
Me: What did you do with Crocodile today?
Aiden: Our class had to vote. Because it's election day.
Me: So who won?Aiden: Crocodile got zero votes.
Me: You didn't vote for Crocodile?
Aiden: No.
Me: Who won?
Aiden: The pig had 3 votes, the cow had 7 votes and the duck had 10 votes.
So now the president is a duck.
Me: The president is a duck?
Aiden: Yes.
(We called Robby when we got to the truck. He was also curious about Aiden
and Crocodile's school day. Aiden tried to explain to Robby, but gave up and
handed the phone to me.)
Robby: The president is a duck?
Me: Yes.
(At some point Aiden says the president is George W. Bush. That's the ducks
name. Or not...?)Robby: Ask who he voted for.
Aiden: I didn't vote. You have to be 18 to vote. I am only 5.
Me: Aiden how did the duck become president?Aiden: Some people voted.
Me: Did the people in your class vote?
Aiden: No some people voted. I am only five. There are 2 kids in my class
that are six though.
Me: So you didn't vote for anyone?
Aiden: No. I am only five. You have to be 18 to vote.
(I started talking to Robby)
Aiden: (Swings his crocodile toward my face) Would you vote for
Croc-o-bama? He's going to be the third President.
I giggled about that all the way home.How great is he?
4 comments:
OMG that is the best story ever. Kids are TOOO funny!
Dude, this kid is sooo funny. I want one just like him! :D
I think I will always refer to that stuffed animal as Croc-o-bama.
Post a Comment