Monday, November 24, 2008

Tsk Tsk




I see you out there, shaking that finger at me. I'm sorry! I know I was supposed to blog every day this month. I've failed the NaBloPoMo. I had such high hopes for myself and they all got lost with this darn 30 Day Shred. My days aren't long enough! I decided that the 30 Day Shred wasn't enough. I was ridiculously out of shape before, and I still struggle through Level 1, so I decided to up the anty (anti...how do you spell that?) and do an additional 20 minutes of cardio. While I feel this is helping me keep up with Level 1, I'm not where I think I should be. I'm not ready to move on yet. After I work out I shower, and spend time with the dog and the hubs. I'm nothing but a non-blog-posting mess.

That's just the tiny portion, more of an excuse though. Dear Blog, I've been a real bitch lately. I'd try to sugar coat it, but there is no happy part to it. I've got a grouchy bug up my behind and I can't get it out. I'm not much fun, not even for the hubs. I'm easily irritated lately and so I've decided to keep said irritation to myself and not spew it in mass quantity on this blog. Oh how I wanted to though. You should feel lucky I practiced such restraint. I feel bad about the dirty hair boy blog I posted. That was part of my cranky mc-crankster grumpy pants attitude. I'm still not completely over this nastiness though.


I think my problem is that I feel like this lady


I've got so many plates in the air that I'm spinning that I'm letting myself get caught up in the irritation and annoyance of random little things, like little boys with dirty hair and tight pants. I feel terrible because mine and Dave's first month of marriage hasn't been full of wedded bliss but of small insignificant arguments and nit picking (not just on my part too). I think that we tend to get stressed out at the end of the year and this year has been an exceptionally hard one on us. I'd rather not get into the how's and why's of the difficulties but they're there and they're very real. We might be nit-picking at each other, but at the end of the day we still say "I love you", hug, kiss and are still friends. I'm proud of us for getting through this b.s., I'm happy he's been by my side and supportive of the negativeness and drama I'm dealing with, even when he's got just as many plates in the air. He's been a great support, and once we get through this, I'm doing something extra-wonderfully special for him. I just don't know what.

Dearest Blog, what' I'm getting at with that long winded nothingness is that I'm sorry for neglecting you for exercise and crankiness. I'll come back to you after I take some Midol and get the heck over it.

5 comments:

Sammi said...

P.S. You really love the layout your most favorite sister-in-law chose for your blog. Or your least favorite... depending on how you look at it... seeing as how I'm the only one you have.
I want to 30 Day shred... Don't tell your brother. He'll make me get up at 5am to do it. UGH!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like our first few months of marriage.
Sometimes, it's ok to drop some of those plates, you will be surprised that they may not even break.

Leslie said...

It's "ante," just in case you were really curious. :)

Here's hoping for a better year in 2009. I know 2008 was a bitch to quite a few people (me included - with the exception of the last few months). You seem to already know what matters - that will pull you through these tough times.

Still, gigantic hugs to you, homie. :)

Brandy said...

Jack alert!

No worries I'd hang out w/you being a jack or not. ;)

The suuuuun will come out TOMORROW!! TOMORROW!!!! Betcha bottom dollaaaaaa that toooooomorrrrrooowwwwwwww!! They'll be SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU*face turns red...seeing spots....falls to the floor*....

*lifts head of of floor* NNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robyn said...

There are always going to be highs and lows. If you said everything was perfect all the time then I would have to say that either you are trying to conivnce yourself everything is okay or you are disillusioned. Just keep on pushing forward!