Last night was such a monumental night for our country. I was so proud to watch Obama's speech, and to know that I was watching history in the making. I got chills and even teared up. These are exciting times.
I cried during the speech though. I cried because at the bottom of the screen it had a recap of the propositions in California that were voted on. Prop 8 was winning. My heart started to hurt.
When will we as a country grow and understand that equality is not separate rights for separate people. I can only hope that the Supreme Court overrules this.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
For every one step forward...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I cried for both of these things.
Hard.
My tears ran furiously yesterday. I was so happy and so sad at the same time. I can't believe that CA voted in favor of it.
Post a Comment