Friday, November 7, 2008

A decade


10 years ago I showed a girl that I just met my key chain. It was an alien in a bottle and hideous. I was angry with my ex boyfriend, was being very dramatic, turned to her and said "Here, look at my ex boyfriend. He's a jerk so I decided to put him in a bottle" What? I was random back then too. I showed it right to this girl that I had never met but was friend of a friend. Fast forward 10 years, and I call this girl every day (sometimes it's more like 20 times a day) and consider this random girl not so much random, but more like my sister.
Mamma T and I have been friends for 10 years now. In that short (but ever so long) time we've had bad boyfriends, stupid girl friends, ridiculous teachers, silly spats, serious fights, first kisses, last kisses, heartbreaking moments, and just about everything else you could think of. She knew before I would admit it to myself that I was in love with Dave, and the day she three-way called the other two besties to tell us she and her fiance had set a date I guessed before she had a chance to say it. We're closer than close can be. She encourages me to be the wacky dork that I am. I never feel like she'll judge me, and that's because she doesn't.
Sometimes we drive each other nuts. I guess that's the nature of the beast. All I know is that I'd rather have her drive me nuts once in a while (yes sometimes it drives me nuts that you fold your kitchen towels the same way every time and then refold them if I do it wrong) than not have her at all.
One of my favorite things I've ever heard someone say about me has to do with her (and the two other besties). A mutual friend of all of ours said one day out of the blue, that the four of us are best friends, but it's more than that. This friend said that we're more than friends and even more than sisters. I've never heard a truer statement. Mamma T (and Twin L and Twin G too) are 100% pieces of my heart. Some people aren't lucky enough to have a friend like that. Some people don't have friends for longer than a month, let alone a decade. Both Mamma T and I have been through our share of fair weathered friends, but in the end, she's always my best friend. There is no one like her and I wouldn't have her any other way.

I guess what this whole mushy long post is really saying (in a very wordy and sappy way) is that Mamma T...I LOVE YOU, YOU STINKY BIATCH!!! Oh and I promise to try to stop breaking stuff whenever I go to your house. I swear that toilet seat breaks itself


1 comments:

Tricia said...

I love you too, you dirty whore! I was seriously crying....

PS. If you folded the towels right the first time, I wouldn't have to re-do them. :D

PPS. If you quit breaking my stuff, what will you do to pass the time at my house???