I remember being 9, sitting in my best friend's room while she curled my hair, telling her about the house of my dreams. It was three stories and in New York. The windows were all framed in that really really thick white wood. Many years later, I've discovered that really thick white wood is called "molding". It had to have dark hardwood floors with a history of nicks and scratches and an old radiator. Oh, and the most important thing? It had a sitting room between the bedroom and the closet, almost like a fainting room. That room was the most important thing in my dream home. It had to have striped walls. For some reason that was the ultimate of chic to my 9 year old brain. That and living in New York. Ever since then I've always thought that having a striped wall was the cat's meow, the ultimate. Since I've been living with the hubs, I've been searching to find a picture to show him what I've been dreaming about since I was knee-high to a grasshopper. I think I've finally found something that matches the image in my head.
I found this on Domino's website and it goes pretty well with what I've been dreaming for the past #$%^ years. 

Now I'd probably go with a little less nick-knacks in the room but that wall is perfect. Now to convince Dave. I think he'll get the hint after he checks out the desktop on the computer and sees this as the new wallpaper.
4 comments:
I subscribe to Domino. :)
Come on Dave, a little wall color never hurt anyone. Please?
Ooh love the walls!
I love it--very chic! C'mon Dave, say yes to some lovely stripes :D
Post a Comment