Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Garden Party




This weekend, I helped a friend out at the Garden Party, which wasn't actually in a real garden. The Garden Party was more of a pre-Home and Garden Show on a smaller scale. It's where vendors for everything yard related come together and show you cool things, give you cool things and sell you cool things. It was sponsored by the local cities and businesses up here, and a big theme was going green. I took the opportunity to bust out the camera and try to be creative. Being creative is hard for me when there are 1000 people (literally, and actually the total headcount for the day was over 2000 so it might have been more) around. I don't like asking people to move and I hate being in people's way, unless I'm at Costco but that's a whole other story.
The space was limited but I tried to do what I could. I've gotten some great advice/critique from a good friend and have been trying to practice them as much as possible, and there were some pretty great opportunities to do so there.





Hopefully I'll get better shots at the Home and Garden Show that is going on this weekend, and hopefully the worm farm guy will be there. That man was so interesting. Yes, I did just say the man who farmed worms was interesting. No, I did not touch any worms or bugs. I was fine with just snapping a picture.
This next picture would have been a great shot, but I had the wrong focus point. Oy! Anyway, it's a beetle on his finger, and that's what the meal worms (YUCK!) grow into.

And that's all I have tonight! I'll have more (hopefully better) after this next weekend.

4 comments:

Cindy's Garden Thoughts said...

Love it Jenn!

Becki said...

Great pics! So did you buy some tadpoles? :)

Growing Up Cameron said...

That's a lot of tad poles! I can't wait to see more pics *hint* *hint*

Anonymous said...

How fun! That looks awesome. I want to plant more things, but I really dont deserve to, I kill everything : /