Friday, January 30, 2009

Out with the old, in with the new.

About two weeks ago, I was informed that I'd no longer be working at my job. YIKES! In this economy that's a terrible thing to hear. Budget cuts, low collecting (not from me, just in general) and so on and here I am jobless, until Monday. A few posts ago, I was a bit cryptic and sullen because I was wallowing in my misery about not being employed. This is actually the longest I've been unemployed since I was 15. It's weird to not get up and go to a job for me. It came in handy to move though, and I see it as a sign now. Brenda told me that it happened for a reason, and she was completely right. We wouldn't have been moved in now if I was working among a long list of other things that wouldn't be done.

I interviewed at a place up here and they liked me so much that they hired me. Thank goodness. I have been saying thank you prayers for a while now. I go in for my drug screen and physical on Monday and then it's back to business as usual. Thank you for all the good thoughts. I think someone heard you all and helped me out.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Jenn, that's great that you found a new job so quickly! I bet you are soooooo relieved.

kim said...

So happy for you!

mj said...

Very glad it all worked out for you!

Robyn said...

Wow, I didn't realize that it was that serious. I am really glad you were able to find something so quickly. Good luck in your new job!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am very happy for you!

papathud said...

Cryptic and Sullen? Say it isn't so!!

Odd Food Cravings?

Gratz on the new Job.

Brenda said...

I knew it would work out. I'm so happy & proud of you!! :D