Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'm back in the saddle again

Imagine me singing the title a la Aerosmith.

I started the 30 Day Shred again tonight. Oy. Oy Oy Oy. I got to about 10 minutes before I started talking back to Jillian. And Anita! Yes! I watch and follow easy-goes-it-Anita, and still get tired. It's been to long since I've done it. I've become lazy and it's noticeable. I struggled with the push ups and by the third set of jumping jacks I slowed down. Hey, it was only Day 1. I bet by day 10 I'll be doing it right along with Anita. Screw that other lady! I'll follow Anita through this 30 day cycle. My goal is to be able to get through all the levels in the 30 days. I will do it every day. No excuses this time, my jeans are just a little too tight for lame, lazy excuses. I think what motivated me to start again today was Angelina's blog. If you don't read it, and are a lazy bum who eats like crap, don't read it, especially not today when she blogged about finishing her 22 mile run (OMG!) even though she's got a jerk for a knee. Yeah, if she can run 22 miles, I can do the Shred for the full 30 days. I am not that big of a bum.

Oh and while you're checking out her blog, be sure to check out some of her cooking recipes, especially the tofu ones. Last night I made the Soba noodles and steamed veggies with tofu and it was so awesome, even Dave liked it.

Oh geez, this post looks like a fan tribute to Angelina. Ehh oh well, she's my motivator today. Tomorrow it might be Sher, or my SIL who's currently training for a triathlon or someone else. I'll rave about someone else next so there's no hard feelings.

10 comments:

Valerie said...

Yay for keeping up with the shred!

Leslie said...

Okay, wait.

Did I read that right? Sher's your SIL?

I had no idea...

mj said...

I told myself that I would start the 30DS again last week but I failed miserably. I will start it up tonight! Great job!

sherthebear said...

Awesome for the 30 day shred. Angelina really is an inspiration.

I think you forgot a comma after Sher and your SIL. I'd love to be your SIL but I am pretty sure that I'm not since my DH is an only child and I think my lil' bro is still single. :) Thanks for mentioning me.

Tricia said...

I'm proud of you! You are motivating me friend, good job!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! You go girl. You can doooo it! The first few days are the hardest to motivate yourself. If you can make it through a week, then it will get so much easier. I totally hear ya on the jeans thing. I am eating egg whites and salad until my friend's wedding on Sunday!

Anonymous said...

I hate/love that video! It seems like so much more then 20 minutes....but it did kick me in the ass! Keep it up girl!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you liked that tofu and soba noodles, I love those noodles.

GL with the Shred! Keep it up woman!

Brenda said...

You can do it Jenn!!! Keep it up :D

papathud said...

Working out is much better than Diet.

The Root Word of Diet is "Die"