Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year's Eve Recap

It's only 6 days late, right? Sorry it's taken me a little time to get to this but better late then never, right? Ok so here's the story.

My good friend ,Pi (as in the number, she's a math major) was born 25 years ago this past January 1st. In celebratory fashion she had a small dinner party, cocktail attire at first then just don't come in sweats last minute. Dave was planning on coming with me until he got the cold. He's a baby with illness and didn't want to dress up so I gave him an out and attended the party solo. Fine by me!
I arrived at Pi's house a tad early and was witness to her doing some make up (did I ever tell you how great at makeup that girl is? No? Well she is!) and getting dressed herself. There was only about 10 of us at dinner but there was flowing wine, and lots of music. We had a blast and I got to see some old friends I haven't seen in a long while. Here's some pictures. I know that Spaniard is anxiously awaiting something. Forgive the grain. I didn't want to blind anyone with the flash and it was pretty darn dark in the rooms.


The Birthday Girl herself





Pi's little sister doing her makeup and an old friend reading a mag in the background


Pi doing makeup. She never gets out of it.



More makeup by Pi



This is Crash and her bambina (bambino? whatever). Cuteness!

MMM this was only part of the tasty spread. Oh and is that wine from Trader Joe's I see?

Why yes, yes it is sparkling wine from Trader Joe's.

The birthday cake. Unfortunately this was the best shot I got of it. Everything else I took was really blurry. It was a really cute cake and from Von's of all places


This is Pi's boyfriend. He's a little cheesy.

I know this picture is a tad blurry, ok incredibly out of focus, I'm still showing you, because Pi has her drink in hand and I think that's funny. She was a hiccuping wine-o that night and it was awesome.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Congrats to Pi on her 25th Birthday :D

Valerie said...

Looks like fun! Um, where's pictures of Jenn?!

IzzysMa said...

That sounds like a great party. Ps check out my blog. I left you something