Mom,
Having a relationship with you is one of the hardest things in my life, and it's not even the best relationship. It's a lot of work to keep you happy and content with me. I struggle daily with making you happy and worrying about things that most people don't. That doesn't mean I love you less than I did the day I was born. It's hard, oh so very hard, but I appreciate you more often than not. Thanks for having me and not giving me to the dentist like you told me you would when I was three. Thanks for singing Billy Joel in the car with me so many times, tapping your fingers on the steering wheel. Thanks for telling me that my red hair was beautiful and my freckles weren't ugly but angel kisses when I got teased about them in school. I think I'm a pretty good person now, and you didn't stop me from becoming that way.
Thank you Mom, and contrary to popular belief I love you
I hope every mom has a great Mother's Day today!
2 comments:
jenn, ur awesome.
You are an AMAZING person. Don't you ever forget that. This was a very personal, awesome post. *HUGS*
Post a Comment