Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dear Russell Gunner


Dear Russell Gunner,


Holy cow, where did the time go? I swear, it's like your mom told me yesterday that she was pregnant with you!

So you're here, and we are all very excited. You're our first boy and man are you cute. I'm doing for you as I do for all the new babies, and writing a letter to you as you first enter the world. I know it's a little scary right now, what with the crazy people obsessing over a virus called "swine flu", but don't worry, there are some sane people out in the world. You were born to two of them. You're entering the world at a big time for America. We just got this new president and he's pretty cool. I'm sure you'll learn all about him in one of your history classes because this year is pretty historical for our country. You live a ways away from us so we haven't officially met yet but I already know you're perfect. Your sister is a little intimidating, but don't worry because she's awesome. She's got this great sense of humor already, so I'm positive you will too. Your dad is in the Army, and rumor has it he might get deployed sometime next year. We're all hoping he doesn't, but if he does we'll take care of you.


There are some things I'm expecting of you in your life and some things I hope to teach you. I expect you to be courageous and loyal, just like your mom and dad. I expect you to be stubborn, because your mom is, and that's not always a bad characteristic to have. I expect you to be incredibly because there's no reason for you not to be. And I expect you to be caring, since the family you're born into is one of the most caring I've ever met.

I hope to teach you lots of things in your life, like how to say "hyperbola" when you're two years old. I want to teach you what types of triangles there are and how to solve a linear equation. I can tell you're excited already. Don't worry, I'll go easy on you.


I want you to know how loved you are already. You have this huge fan club over here hanging onto every picture we get of you, and enjoying every story we hear about you. Now do us a favor and grow big and strong. Remember that when you're bigger than your sister, you still shouldn't play mean, and you'll always be our little Rusty Gun. We love you so much Little Man. Welcome to the world.


XOXO

Auntie Jenn

1 comments:

Brenda said...

Awww what a cutie! You are such a GREAT Auntie. Welcome to the world Russell! :)