Thursday, June 12, 2008

Full Update

(Twin G is picture above)
First things first. I have learned my lesson. Don't EVER sleep next to Twin G again.
Friday night, the four besties had a fantastic dinner and shopping (mostly window) trip and then retired at Mamma T's house for showers and bed time. We decided the best way to arrange ourselves was to have Mamma T and Twin L (formally known as L Dawg, but L Dawg is now this L Dawg) sleep on the bed, and myself, Twin G and baby Tessa sleep on the ground in that order. I was nearest to the door and Tessa was between Twin G and the wall. She doesn't move much so it was perfect. Until 12:30 anyway. At around 12:30 am, Twin G rolled over in her sleep, put her knee on my chest and both hands around my throat to choke me. She started screaming "MY BABY!!! GIVE ME MY BABY!" and such. There was a lot of commotion and eventually things died down a little, but lesson learned for me.

We fell asleep again but awoke at 6:30 am (can you tell we were excited?) to start to prep for the day.Mamma T had a hair appointment at 9 and the Twins and I were going to finish up her present so we took off at about 9:30 to Babies R Us. We were only at the store for about 20 minutes and picked up the present and a few things to put in it, then we were off to help set up the shower, but it was almost done! Fantastic!
Fast forward to 12:45 when Mamma T arrived and we had a great party! There were fun games...what? Games that were actually fun at a shower?! I hear you all gasping in shock. Yes, fun games! One was to build what you would think the baby will look like out of play dough. That came out interesting. One clay baby looked like Jabba the Hut, but the winning baby was the one with the butt crack. I wish I would have thought to take a picture but I didn't. Sorry folks! I suck at details!

After games and delish food (I love Scott and his mac'n'cheese and will love him for the rest of my life), it was gift time. Mamma T and LJ (her husband and baby daddy) are definitely loved. They were blessed with all the essentials and a few fun things. I think Mamma T's favorite present was the first one she received, the glider and ottoman. You'll see why in a second. I don't have that many pictures of the gifts that we gave Mamma T, I was enthralled in her opening it, but Scott did provide some.
The shower was a hit! A success to the fullest and a good time was had by all. Now bring on the baby!!!!! I'll leave you with some pictures, all in a row. That's how I roll.
That's our gift behind the cute belly.

Can you tell how much she liked her first gift?

3 comments:

Brenda said...

How fun! It looks like you ladies had a blast and yes what a cute baby belly! So you got choked in your sleep huh? YIKES. Yes, no more sleeping next to Twin G.

Brandy said...

I can't believe you didn't decorate her while she slept. :/ for shame on you!

Awesome gifts all around! I still love the diaper cake. :)

Leslie said...

I'm glad to know that you've recognized who the REAL L Dawg is. :)