Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Papa Thud and Earth Day

I really need your phone number. I have a proposition for you. I hear you might be down in our area for a trip to reclaim some of your personal belongings at your eldest son's house. Might you need help with that? If so, Dave and I would be more than willing to go help...under the right circumstances, such as possible a homemade cheesecake, or even a slice each. I'd settle for a slice. Poor Sister-in-Law of mine, she's never tried your cheesecake. As terrible as this may sound, I'd punch an old lady for that cheesecake. As a matter of fact, I'd punch just about anyone for that cheesecake. I'd run naked through a nuclear powerplant, singing "La Cucharacha"for it. If there is no cheesecake, we'll still help, but I won't be as chipper in helping. I might whine a lot too.... If you want to call, you can get my number from my Sister-in-Law. I allow it :)

Happy Earth day to everyone else. I'm glad it's becoming more and more popular now. I remember growing up, and going to my Catholic school, the teaching staff (which consisted of quite a few nuns) were huge advocates of celebrating Earth Day. We would plant a tree every year on Earth Day using all the money we collected from the previous year from our recycling at the school. I'm really glad that we did that there as it instilled in me the value of the Earth and how we should treat it. I don't liter, I recycle, and we plant trees. We use eco-friendly things at our house and have for a long time. We try to do our part, and I'm glad it's trendy to do it now. I hope this trend doesn't die.

Here's a video from my childhood that I still sing today. Enjoy!

4 comments:

kim said...

Happy Earth Day!

We never celebrated it in school. :(

Sammi said...

Did you know that I was president of the Y.E.S. Club in middle school.
Youth for Environmental Sanity. No, I didn't come up with the super name. Happy Earth Day. I have got to blog about Aiden's three R's.

Sarah said...

you make me laugh so hard. i wish i could bribe you with good cheese cake just to see u run around singing... one day I hope to have something to bribe u with =-D

papathud said...

Happy Earth day to you.

I pretty much drive right by you on the way down and back.

HWY 395 south to the I-15 then south.

Prolly be fun to visit on the way down and I just might be able to bring CheeseCake on the return trip.

papathud@earthlink.net for email

Current Phone is (541)591-8585

I am sort of a Public figure in the knife world so I am pretty easy about my Phone number.

9:00 AM to 9:00PM 7 days a week,
Feel Free, or cheap and easy is Ok Too.

If I teach you how to make Cheese Cake then Happiness will be well within your personal Reach.

I taught the Boys how, but Morgan does like His a little different from mine.

Me, I like to double up on the thickness of the sweetened Sour Cream topping.