Sunday, April 12, 2009

Birthday Mania

April is the birthday month of the year for me, with 9 birthdays almost completely in a row. Let me start a recap of the birthdays so far.
It first started with a new niece being born to Dave's brother and his wife Wednesday, April 8th. The only picture I have so far of her is a cell phone picture but you can still tell she's a cutie! Meet Halo Isabelle

That was exciting for us. I can't wait to meet her! I bet she's a doll. She needs some good ol' fashion auntie lovin'.

Next, two days later, was my wonderful, compassionate, caring, funny, witty husband's big 30th birthday. We didn't do much to celebrate. I think someone wasn't feeling too terribly excited about the day, but I was. He wouldn't let me get any pictures of him, so I surprised him the next day on our way to a friend's house and got a nice (and very common in our house) profile shot of him.

Two days after Dave's Big Bad 30th, another of my favorite men, my dad, turned 60. I cannot believe my Papa is 60. He suuuure doesn't act like it. Right now, he's visiting my brother's family in Nebraska with my mom. I spend hours looking for the right card for my dad. It has to have a nearly naked person somewhere on it. Crass, I know, but it's the joke between the old guy and me and I've gone 7 years now with it, so I'm not stopping.


Photo credit : Elmwood Court Photography


Not only was yesterday my near and dear Papa Bear's birthday, but it was also my half-sister, Monique's. Monique and I aren't super close, but we're working on it. I think it's pretty cool that she and our dad share a birthday. I only have a few pictures of Monique and none that she has said I can post, so I'll spare her the embarrassment and not post one ;)


Now today. Today is my one and only brother's birthday. That guy is 27 years old now. WOW! What an old fart! I can't believe he's nearly 30, I can't believe he's not even home right now with his family to celebrate, and I can't believe that he's my brother. I think he and I have the closest relationship of anyone in our small direct family. For a while, I considered him my best friend. Now I'm lucky enough that he married an amazing woman who is one of my best friends, and they have blessed me with 2 hilarious and talented nephews and one extremely adorable and growl-y niece. I've got to be one lucky girl to have such a great big brother. I think everyone should have a brother like him (minus the times when he calls just to insult me.) Sammi, if you're reading this, tell Rob "Abot bot" and "You suck!!!"

Can you see the resemblance? I can!!

As you can see, this past week was full of birthdays for me. I'm not complaining though. These people all mean so darn much to me. they make my life whole. I can't wait to celebrate their next birthdays.

I've still got some April birthdays left to celebrate, and I can't wait.

3 comments:

kim said...

How adorable. You and your brother have the same infectious smile! Love.

sherthebear said...

that's a lot of birthdays!

papathud said...

Jen,

Gratz on a Happy Happy April.

Do you make the cakes?

I ask because Both Morgan and Seth make CHEESECAKE.

So, Is April "Cake Month"?

Work out January through March then make Nine Cakes(cheese cake is best)

Sounds tough, But worth it.