In my previous post I said a big thank you to Stephenie Meyer for the Twilight Series. Now I'm feeling like amending my thank you. I loved Twilight. It was a nice break from the wedding nonsense I was dealing with, but as I read more of the series I became more and more disappointed. I read them just as fast but it was more to see if there was more to it and to get past certain things, than to savor everything. I might have had too many expectations from a book classified as Young Adult. So to amend my review, good books? They took my mind off the wedding, but on a scale of 1-10, I give the series like a 6 or 7. They don't hold a candle to my favorite love stories Jane Eyre or Gone with the Wind
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I haven't read it but I'm not big on vampires. :p
Summer Sisters by Judy Blume was a good read. Super cheap at Costco too. 5 bucks......can't beat that!
But at least your still distracted from the wedding stuff! I have become addicted to The Bloggess when I need a nice distraction from too much seriousness. We all need some bubble gum for the brain now and then!
Damn. I think I still might want to give them a try...
Post a Comment