Thursday, September 11, 2008

7 years ago today...


7 years ago yesterday, the biggest worry in my 17 years young, senior in high school brain was if I would get Rozicki for government and exactly how we were going to ditch 2nd period the next day.


7 years ago today, the biggest worry in my 17 year old, senior in high school brain was if more people would die in such horrible ways. I was worried about families that didn't know if someone was alive or dead. I was crying for people who were lost in the rubble and probably scared out of their minds, and had no idea why this had happened. I was scared for all of New York and people I didn't know. I didn't care about 2nd period any longer.


7 years ago the day tomorrow, my grandpa in Oregon died of natural causes on the other side of the country. I was worried that a man I never truly knew would be gone forever. How bizarre to think that he would be gone. I was worried about my dad, and uncles. I was worried about my grandma, who was a woman I had rarely seen. I was worried about my dad flying to Oregon to go to the funeral. He didn't go. Sad times there.


7 years ago today my life changed.

4 comments:

Brandy said...

I don't believe today will ever come by without tears & heartache.

Leslie said...

My life changed. I think every American's life did.

((Hugs))

Valerie said...

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Tons of sadness, indeed. :(