Well, maybe not that many cards.
This year for Christmas we decided to play it low key. We didn't get a tree, and since our decorations are all packed up we just left them packed (more on the reason for that in a post to come). We even decided to skip out on gifts for each other in lieu of saving up for something big. But we can't stop other people from celebrating and sending us cards can we? Nope! And why would we want to? I love Christmas time, and I especially love getting Christmas cards in the mail. This year was no exception, especially since it seemed to be the year of the photo cards!
I love photo cards. I never throw one away. They're so great to look back on. I was always impressed when I was younger when we got a photo in a Christmas card. I thought photo cards were the creme de le creme. I still do. It shows a lot of thought. Since we got so many photo cards, I decided to put them up for all who enter to see. Or just Dave and I, since we're just about the only people who enter any more. Now I want to share it with everyone on here.
I know it's a small amount of cards. It's a little sad but it's ok by us. If you see the picture and feel bad about our card amount, feel free to send us a card. If you already did send a card (or Christmas letter from Nebraska which isn't in the collage sorry) then thank you. I can guarantee that I was elated when it arrived and opened it immediately. I chose to put the cards on a framed picture we had up because, really, why not? It seemed fitting. I like it so 'nough said.
Here's a couple of our favorites. The first one is a tradition for Dave. His uncle always draws him a picture in all the cards he gets. We have almost 20 of these portraits. It's unique and 100% Dave's style. This uncle actually drew us a portrait in the same style of us as a wedding gift. We love it.
This next one is one of our favorites because it showcases the newest addition to the besties. I thought I'd do a close up for the Spaniards to enjoy. Do you enjoy them Spaniards? DO YOU?! Hehe
3 comments:
I see our Christmas card! :)
Yay. What a cute post. We skipped out on the gifts to each other too :) I already have everything I want <3
You need a frame for Christmas letters. I am too lazy to write out cards!
Post a Comment