Friday, October 31, 2008

Goodbye 23

On the eve of my 24th birthday, I'm doing as I do every year. I'm reflecting on the previous 23 years and making goals for year 24. The only difference in this tradition for me is that I'm blogging about it this year. Usually it's quite a personal thing for me. But hey, why not, right?

In this particular post, I'm going to do a recap of life for the 23 year old Jenn.





Accomplishments of my 23rd year of life

1. I watched two of my three best friends give birth to two very perfect baby girls.




2. I witnessed my third best friend get married to her soul mate



3. I finally was a real life true blood aunt to a real life, true blood niece and then realized I've had nieces all along.


4. Only 2 weeks before the big day, my longest distance friend had a Hanna


5. I was along for the ride of another great friend giving birth. A birth that had it's ups and downs but seems to be doing just fine now.
6.I learned that life does go on when parts of your heart aren't as close as you need them to
be
7. I became closer with old friends, and good friends with some newbies and did it through some really tough times. 8. It was reaffirmed to me that just because some people are blood, doesn't mean that they're your family. 9. I realized that just because some family sucks, not all of them do. Then I learned to cherish the ones who do, because they mean the world.

(Photo by Valerie Ackerman Photography)


10. The most important thing, I married the love of my life.

6 comments:

Valerie said...

What an eventful year! Here's to another great year! Happy birthday jenn!

Leslie said...

Happy birthday, Jenn! Man, I can't believe you're only 24! You're still realllllly young. :)

foxykitty50 said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! Here is to another amazing year- CHEERS!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great year, I hope 24 is awesome.
Happy Birthday!

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday Jenn!!

Sammi said...

"Good Grief Charlie Brown!" you need to slow down with the baby-makin' watchin'! Yes, that came out exactly as I intended! Hope you had fun with your friendly-friends and Untle Dave! Happy Burseday!