Warning: I'm getting political. I got pushed too far.

Two weeks ago, the hubby (omg he's my hubby!!) and I received a "No on Prop 8" sign in the mail to put up at our house. We had it up for 3 days. One day when I got home from work it was off the fence, and folded up in our trash can. I went inside and asked Dave what had happened, and why he had taken it down. He had no idea it was down. Someone had come into our front yard and taken it down. Ay yiyi.
My views on this are as such: How do gay people marrying have anything to do with me, you or the next guy? Is that Homosexual person that is marrying another homosexual person affecting your life in any way? No. Why shouldn't they marry? If someone can tell me why they shouldn't marry, with a reason OTHER THAN A BIBLICAL ONE, I'll listen. I've said that before, and to this day no one can.
For all you bible quoting people, please remember that for over 100 years, people were using the bible as their reason for discriminating against black people, saying that black people wore the mark of Cain. Another thing, that bible that you're reading from? It's been translated over 1000 times, and was originally written in a now dead language. How accurate do you honestly think it is? I'm not going to take into consideration an argument based on a book that King James had written so that his indiscretions were deemed acceptable, back in a time when the royality had more power than the church and the church was more corrupt than the mafia. I'm not impressed.
In my head it comes down to equality. Homosexual people in my mind are no different than anyone else. When I look at a person I look at the person, not the sexuality, race, gender, social class or whatnot of the person. If two homosexual people want to be married, then go for it. No one stopped me. It's only fair.
Now, leave my signs alone people!! I like it.
4 comments:
Hells to the yeah! I hope they leave your signs alone!!
This sounds familiar. ;)
If you look in the comments of my prop 8 post, you'll see that someone linked to an article that defends prop 8 but doesn't resort to using the Bible as a reason for doing so. That said, it's not that great of an article, and I do not agree with the viewpoint of the person who wrote it.
I can not fucken believe someone did that to your sign. Very respectful, and Christian-like (assuming it was someone who supports Prop 8, on Biblical grounds). I doubt that is what Jesus would do.
I also doubt Jesus would discriminate against anyone, but I dont really know, and guess what, neither does anyone else! I agree 100% with you, the Bible has been translated so extensively by MEN, who throw in what makes them comfortable and pacified.
I am so sick of the ignorance.
wow, I can't believe someone went on your property and took down your sign. That is awful!!! I agree with Angie, that was not very Christian-like at all. Tolerance and respect!
Post a Comment