Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Visit with a Faery

Never in my life have I been afraid to touch a baby, until today. After a long and difficult week, Dave and I decided to visit the little Pixie, as a pick-me-up. We arranged with KC and SC to go visit with them this afternoon into this evening. I was so ridiculously excited to go meet Pixie. I had my camera ready and was mentally listing everything I was going to tell her. I was going to tell her about the cd I'm compiling for her, and how much fun her mom is. I was going to tell her that her room is pretty spectacular and she has some impatient cats waiting for her arrival. I was going to tell her so much more too. Then, I went into the room and actually saw her. Tears welled up in my eyes. I'm so unbelievably happy that she's alive and doing so well (she gained another 2 ounces!). I'm also terrified of her. She's small, dainty and delicate. I'm big and a little rough. I could break her. Her ears are the same size as my thumbnail. Ok maybe a tad bigger but not by much. She's so small, and yet so perfect. I finally did touch her, and felt how strong she can push with her fairy-like feet. I can believe how fast she is growing. I am so proud of her. I can't wait to see her again in a week or so hopefully. She's a soldier

5 comments:

Caits said...

Awww. Thank you for sharing your honesty....I will keep this family in my heart. What a sweet little babe!

Anonymous said...

Yay for 2 ounces.
Grow Pixie, Grow!

foxykitty50 said...

Thank you soooooooo much for your pictures! I love them- I already ordered a 8x10 and wallets for Shawn and I and the grandparents.

<3

Brandy said...

Aww I'll cry with you! How lucky to be one of the first to visit. :) She absolutely gorgeous.

I love you pixie!

sherthebear said...

Aww Pixie!! Good for gaining 2 oz, keep growing!!