Monday, March 10, 2008

Some days....

Some days I miss my family so much. I'm not talking about my parents, I only live an hour from my parents and I can go months without seeing them (or talking to my mom but that's another story for another time). I'm refering to my older sister and older brother. There are times when I don't give those two much thought, and then there are days, when I would pay a million dollars just to spend an hour with them in person.




So you might be asking now, what do you do when you're feeling so blue about missing your family? And if you're not asking me that, you should be! And why weren't you? Anywho, back to my answer, it is, to call them, a lot. So much they get sick of seeing my numbers on their caller id. So much that my brother has started to answer the phone like such: " What?! What the #$%^ do you want?!" and please use your imagination for what the symbols mean. Now, if it were any other person answering the phone like that, I might take offense, but this is my brother. After he answers like that, he goes into a 10 minute tyraid of why he'll give me $1250 to leave Dave and move to Nebraska (where he lives) so that I can be closer to his family. To be honest, if it weren't for the "leave the love of your life" part, I'd probably do it. Disclaimer The brother does like Dave, he just wants me to live in Nebraska and be difficult. Oh brother, I do love you. My sister never minds the talks though. She can chat just as much (somtimes more), besides, she and I have a ton to catch up on.




It's ok though. I'm a tough girl. I just wipe away the tears, and blow my snotty nose-yeah snot, ewwww!- then I gaze longinly at the ticker I started, a countdown if you please, to count the days until they get here. I'm excited about my wedding, but it's more than just happieness to marry my best friend and the person I truly believe is my soulmate. It's a pure joy that in less than 8 months my whole entire family will be together again. I'll be able to be with my brother, and sister and our own respective families. I can't wait until to see that picture. In the meantime, here's a picture for your enjoyment. It's fairly old but still good. God bless my parents for taking us to Wal-Mart to get pictures taken.
Oh the good old days. I think I was 16, maybe 17 in that picture. I miss those crazy siblings. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have phone call or two to make

4 comments:

Brandy said...

They're using the children as bait. Don't fall for it. I'll pay you $5 & a dinner filled w/sushi & miso soup to stay FOREVER. :D :D :D

Brenda said...

Awwww. Cute picture! Thanks for sharing Jenn...sorry you miss your sibs, but like you said, soon you'll all be together again...it's going to make for some awesome "NEW" pictures :D YAY!

Leslie said...

Gotta love Walmart. ;)

Where did you get your red hair from?

Anonymous said...

Love the picture.
I would go nuts without my siblings, I dont know how you do it.