I don't know how many people know this, unless you've been to my house, but we have 3 fish tanks. Two are saltwater, and one is freshwater. It's more than a hobby, it's an expensive hobby....that happens to not be my hobby but Dave's.
The upkeep on Saltwater tanks is unbelievable...well I guess it's believable but man it's a lot of work. It's starts with the water. You actually have to get a RO (reverse osmosis) machine to take everything out of the water, then you have to put a whole bunch of stuff, like salt and nitrate and carbonate back into the water and mix it. BUT WAIT! Don't put too much or too little. Things will die. It's a science really, not a hobby. Dave looks like a chemist with all the test tubes and chemicals he has. All to make this little world grow. It's beautiful to watch it. I find that I can watch the fishtank instead of TV more often than not.
Dave just recently decided that it's time to reduce and condense the tanks. We're now going from a 75 gallon tank and a 90 gallon tank to one 90 gallon tank. To make things easier . Yeah right...easier. Easier involes taking the 75 gal. tank and putting it on the floor with rocks and a pump and 75 gallons of water to use a filter for the 90 gal tank. HELP! I'm just glad I don't have to change the water.
This decision was made after we had a causality. Our Powder Brown Tang (if you've seen Finding Nemo, he looked like Dory only brown and not blue) died because of improper surrondings. Dave thinks the tank was not good for him.
But such things happen. It's the circle of life. We buried him in the front. When they get that big, you can't just flush them!
I was thinking that since I enjoy the tanks so much, maybe you would too. Enjoy some pictures
Friday, February 22, 2008
RIP Fishy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Poor fishy.
But pretty pictures!
Awww. RIP fishy head. Your fishy tanks are awesome. Best of luck combining them! :)
:(
Boop
Aw poor guy. I love those tanks! I've always wanted one but dont think I could handle it.
Post a Comment