
I love my job. Have I mentioned that? It's awesome. It's the first place I've worked at that encourages us to better ourselves, and then gives us the tools to do so. Right now, I'm using one of those tools. It's a personal growth class. I learned that I'm an ENFP (in Meyers Briggs terms) and that means I'm a feeler. I live my life and actions based on feelings. I also learned about boundaries. What's healthy with them and what's not healthy. I learned how to acknowledge when you have an unhealthy boundary and then how to fix it. Some of this stuff is scary. I mean, who wants to admit that they're not healthy in their own mind?
So anyways, today we learned about attitude, and how it's all a decision (can you tell from the picture?). We make the choice to have a bad attitude. And it's so true. If I don't like someone or something, I make that choice. And it's only an opinion really. It doesn't make the person bad or the thing bad. Just makes my attitude bad. So why not be positive? What does it hurt to see the bright side of things? It doesn't. All this is great in theory but I know from experience that it isn't so easy in practice. So I have a new goal. I'm making the decision to have a great attitude. Why stop at good? So here I go. Today is a great day!
Friday, February 15, 2008
Attitude
Posted by JennB at 1:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Loving or disliking our jobs affects our lifes in so many ways. Wohoo to having an awesome job!
Where were these wise words an hour ago?!
awesomeness.
This is so true, I wish more people would realize it, we would have less bitching, moaning and unecessary problems in this world.
Post a Comment