This weekend was a blast. I tutored on Saturday for 5 hours, which was a nice drain on my brain. Math from 8:30 in the morning until 1:30 in the afternoon with no break is fun for a bit, but it really takes a lot out on me mentally. Don't get me wrong. I love math, and algebra is by far my favorite part of it, but to explain it, and then have the person not understand and have to try to figure a different way to explain it was taxing. Not to mention that Saturday was a GORGEOUS day, so staying on track was so hard for me. I decided after I was finished with the session that some sushi outside would be wonderful, and I was right. I had a book (Harry Potter and the Deadly Hollows) with me, so I stopped at a little sushi bar, ordered a few handrolls and sat outside in the sun reading. It was PERFECT! However when I first got there and ordered, the server kept asking me if I was expecting someone else. A little annoying, but I guess people aren't used to parties of one.
Sunday I went down to Loma Linda, with my good friend KC and my godmother to get my wedding dress. We just went to David's Bridal in Redlands but I did find my dress.
It's perfect and I was in love with from the first time I put it on. I'm glad both KC and Godmother loved it too. Finally! I have my dress. Everything feels a lot more real now. I don't know what it is about having the dress but it just solidified it for me. After we dropped Godmother off at her house in Loma Linda, KC and I went back to Citrus Plaze and took a trip through a few stores. It was so much fun spending the day with her. I love her company. She's just so different from a lot of people I know. Makes her wonderful. Plus she's hilarious, and she can make Frankie sit and stay while she's petting him. That says a lot.
All in all, it was a great weekend. I can't wait for my next tutoring session. She's got an A in her class, and actually understands the stuff she's doing. I know it's her A, but I feel like it's partly mine too. I taught her that stuff! How cool is that?! And the dress! THE DRESS! I can't say how much I love it.
Monday, February 18, 2008
Finally!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
One word - Gorgeous!!! I absolutely the back with the ribbon! (Brandy sent me pictures, hehe)
*drooling*
I love the detailed material.
Congrats on the A! It's totally your A.
You know I love this dress on you! You look stunning--congrats on finally making the purchase :D
Gorgeous! I love it!
The dress is beautiful! It looks so good on you!
I have so much respect for you that you're good at math. It took me 3 tries to pass college algebra. :(
Post a Comment