Yesterday (8/16/08) started out as a not so different kind of day. I got Dave up at 6:30 to start getting ready to go take some more e-pics, this time with awesome Val down in Claremont. She rocked it, like we knew she would.
We were then off to see Mamma T and familia. Bella is growing so fast, and I'm afraid to miss out on anything. I think I might have to make it a point to see her at least once a month. We'll see if gas prices permit me to do so. Being with Mamma T and her family is always great fun for me, especially since J Moms was there. J Moms is Mamma T's aunt and someone I consider a very close friend. She's in from Denver for the weekend and there was no way I was going to miss seeing her. We had some fun with Bella Boo, like when she baptized me with spit up. I really didn't mind, because shortly after she sneezed about 10 times. Have you ever seen a baby sneeze? Ah! It really one of the cutest things ever. It's funny how babies make bodily functions cute. A cough is cute, a sneeze is really cute and a yawn is so adorable it can almost make you swoon. Bella also got a bath while we were there. That kid makes the best faces! She looks a lot like her dad, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I can't wait to see her again.
After visiting with Bella, we made a quick stop at Target, and then headed off to see KC and Co. They had a rough week, and I wanted to make sure I saw Kennedy at the end of it. I'm so glad I did because when we got there, KC asked me if I wanted to hold her! I almost screamed yes! I've been waiting to hold Kennedy since I found out she existed, and to finally be able to do it is just amazing. We got into the NICU after the ritual 3 minutes of scrubbing, and Kennedy was screaming her head off, while her nurse prepped her bottle. As soon as Kennedy heard KC she quieted down and became a perfect little angel. I think she was screaming for food and for mom. It's crazy how she just knew that KC was in the room. Mom sat down and fed her a bottle. HOLY COW ! That's the first time I've seen her eat from a bottle! I know she's done it before, and she's not even related to me, but man was I proud enough to tear up! Then, KC offered her to me. I was so excited I didn't know what to do. KC had to tell me to get the boppy and then to sit in the rocking chair. I was a bumbling idiot and shaking a little. I've never held a baby hooked up to monitors, and I was so afraid I'd accidentally yank out a tube or something. As soon as I held the little taco'd up Kennedy I just relaxed. It's hard not to when you see this huge round eyes looking up at you, just blinking like she's taking you in all at once. I think I held her for about 30 minutes, and then it was time to let her dad have some time with her. Man that was a great 30 minutes.
Enough about all that though. I can hear you thinking, bring on the pictures!
First is Bella. I love her onsie, and her dimples in the back. 
Next is Kennedy. Ignore my crazy face in the last one, I was just really excited.
5 comments:
Awww! What cute babies. :)
Aww how fun! Babies galore :) They are cuties! I love the tub shot of Bella Boo!
It's so hard to believe how much Kennedy has been through. She's so gorgeous.
I love Bellas bubble fro! hee hee nobody likes getting clean Bella. :p
THANKS for all the pics ;)
Super Cuties! Thanks for sharing. I hope Kennedy keeps growing strong! :D
Love the pics of Kennedy. You look so happy holding her.
Bella is adorable!
Post a Comment