My mom scrapbooks. She also quilts, embroiders, crochets, and knits. She does a lot more too but I don't feel like listing off the many DIY talents of my mother. That trait did not pass on to me. Not one bit. I once tried knitting. I started with ten rows and ended with thirty. The craft gene was not passed on in the direction. I have no inclination towards DIY things for myself, so please do not ask my why I thought making 60 pinwheels myself for our upcoming nuptials was a good idea. I saw a picture from L Dawg's wedding, where she and her husband had pinwheels and something about it stuck. I was a mad woman for two months reading instructions and researching how much pinwheels would cost. I found some at Oriental Trading Co., but bright pink and day glo orange don't really go with our wedding theme, so I was resigned to the fact that if I wanted pinwheels at the wedding, I would have to make them myself. DA DA DA DUUUUNNNNN! I found paper I liked at Target of all places, and set out to make some pinwheels. Here's a picture of my first try. Now keep in mind, I had one glue stick and nothing to attach the pinwheel to the stick, so it's still a work in progress. Not too bad for a first timer I'd say.
What do you think? If you have any idea on how to attach it to the stick, let me know. I welcome any suggestions or thoughts. Thanks!
Monday, July 14, 2008
My first real DIY project...ever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Wow for being your first DIY project you rocked it out! Please don't yell at me if I crumple any paper. Please remember that I'm there to help not to beat.
On that note: I LOVE THEM!!!!!
They look great! Good Job!
Wow. That is really pretty. Awesome job. Sorry, I have no ideas. I'm worse at DIY than you claim to be.
I don't believe you when you say you are not crafty! That looks awesome! I, on the other hand, do not have a crafty bone in my body : (
that looks great. Maybe you can attach the stick with one of these:
http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/909432/Acco-Round-Head-Solid-Brass-Fasteners/
Very cute!
Love the paper! Good find. They look great. Way better than any ones I have seen on-line! I have never made pin wheels so I am not sure what you could use to attach them. Have you tried straight pins that have a flat end on them (like a nail head only tiny). My only other suggestion would be go to Michael's and bug someone who works there.
I like it! It's beautiful! I will scrapbook enough for the both of us... maybe this is the start of your DIY gene showing itself.This time next year you'll be making your own clothes and trying to give everyone a blanket... I don't know why that reminded me of Mitch Hedburg...Oh well. Your neice is screaming her head off. Sounds like, "Boob... pay attention to me. Cow!!! Where are you?"
Wow, that turned out really great! Nice job, yo! :)
HI!!! Thanks for lurking! My turn! Gotcha on my Reader now ;o)
Great DIY pin wheels! Can't believe that was your first one. I never get a project right the first time - never. I suppose research helps. I just dive in and figure it out as I go.. lol.
Post a Comment